SAP Mentors Program Frequently Asked Questions
What is the SAP Mentors Program?
The SAP Mentors Program is a global advocacy program that identifies and recognizes exceptional and high-value members of the larger SAP ecosystem.
Who is an SAP Mentor?
An SAP Mentor is someone who is a top community influencer of the SAP Ecosystem. Most of the approximately 160 mentors work for customers or partners of SAP. All of them are hands-on experts of an SAP product or service, as well as excellent champions of community-driven projects. SAP Mentors have the following attributes:
- Expertise in an SAP product or service
- Collaborative attitude
- Good communication skills
- Employed at a partner or customer of SAP
- Interested in improving products and services of SAP (as well as the relationship of SAP with its customers, partners, and prospects)
- Proactive engagement
See the SAP Mentor Magic Foundation to learn more about these attributes.
What do SAP Mentors do?
SAP Mentors engage in collaborative activities in their area(s) of expertise that proactively improve or influence products and services of SAP. They also encourage and foster the relationships between SAP and its customers, partners, and prospects.
How does one become an SAP Mentor?
- SAP Community members can nominate their peers to become SAP Mentors.
- After nomination, a selection process takes place 2-3 times a year by the SAP Mentors Advisory Board (a representative group of SAP Mentors).
- Shortly after the nomination process, new SAP Mentors are announced.
- Every year, each Mentor’s voluntary contributions from the last 12 months are reviewed and evaluated. The SAP Mentors Program requires quality, quantity, and level of impact of those contributions to the larger SAP ecosystem. As SAP considers its Mentors to be top community influencers, we are careful to ensure that each and every one meets these high standards.
- The SAP Mentor status can be revoked before the year is up.
What are the benefits of being an SAP Mentor?
SAP Mentors are offered unique opportunities to access SAP senior management as well as early access to information on products and programs. In addition, Mentors enjoy greater visibility in the online communities and at SAP events such as SAP Tech Ed and SAPPHIRE NOW Mentor benefits include the following:
- Recognition as an SAP expert
- icon next to their name in the SAP Community Network profile
- Invitation to SAP events
- VIP Access to SAP information
- Private SAP Mentors collaboration group
- SAP Mentor only webinars with SAP subject matter experts, SAP executives, and decision- makers
- VIP Seating at SAP TechEd and SAPPHIRE NOW
Video: Why SAP Mentors Matter
Follow the main SAP Mentors Twitter account.