For troubleshooting information, see SAP HANA, express edition Troubleshooting.
- In a terminal, enter:
- The IP address is listed under the
eth0 interface as
inet addr. In the following example, the IP address is 10.172.90.53:
etho Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0C:29:06:1F:93 inet addr:10.172.90.53
Test Your Server installation
- In a terminal, enter:
HDB info. The following services must be running:
hdbdiserver (if XSA is installed)
XS services (if XSA is installed)
- If any services are not running, enter
HDB start. When the prompt returns, the system is started.
Test XSC, XSA, and Web IDE
- Check if XSC is working by going to the following URL:
- Check if XSA is working:
a. In a terminal, use the following command to log into XSA services:
xs login -u XSA_ADMIN -p <password>
b. View a list of XSA applications using:
c. Confirm that
webide shows in the list of XSA applications. Note the URL for it.
- Open the URL for Web IDE in a browser to confirm that it loads.
Install Eclipse and SAP HANA Tools
- Download and install Eclipse Neon from https://eclipse.org/downloads/, selecting one of the following packages:
- Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
- Open Eclipse and select a workspace.
- Install SAP HANA Tools:
a. Select Help > Install New Software
b. In the Work with field, enter https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon and click Add.
c. In the Name field, enter SAP HANA, express edition.
d. Expand the SAP HANA Tools node.
e. Select SAP HANA Administrator (Developer Edition).
f. Accept the installation wizard prompts and restart Eclipse.
g. Select Window > Perspective > Open Perspective > Other.
h. Select the SAP HANA Administration Console perspective.
- Add the SAP HANA, express edition system:
a. On the Systems view, right-click and select Add System, or click the Add System button.
b. Enter the following information and click Next:
- Host Name: the IP address for your system
- Instance Number: 00
- Mode: Multiple containers, System database
c. Select Authentication by database user and enter the credentials for your SYSTEM user. Click Finish to connect.
Obtain and Apply a License Key
- Obtain your hardware key:
a. In Eclipse, connect to your system.
b. In the Systems view, right-click on your system and select Properties
c. Select License, then the System License tab.
d. Make a note of your hardware key.
- Order your license key:
a. In a browser, go to http://www.sap.com/minisap and complete the form.
b. For System ID, select HXE - SAP HANA, express edition (32 GB).
c. For Hardware Key, enter the hardware key for your system.
d. Submit the form. The license key is emailed to you.
- Apply the license key:
a. In Eclipse, click Delete License Key to remove existing licenses.
b. Click Install License Key and select the license key file.
Deactivate the SYSTEM user
- In a terminal, create a new admin user with the USER ADMIN system privilege:
/usr/sap/HXE/HDB00/exe/hdbsql -d SystemDB -u SYSTEM -p <SYSTEM-password> "CREATE USER <admin-username> PASSWORD <admin-password> NO FORCE_FIRST_PASSWORD_CHANGE;"
/usr/sap/HXE/HDB00/exe/hdbsql -d SystemDB -u SYSTEM -p <SYSTEM-password> "GRANT USER ADMIN TO <admin-username> WITH ADMIN OPTION;"
- Use the new admin user to deactivate the SYSTEM user:
/usr/sap/HXE/HDB00/exe/hdbsql -d SystemDB -u <admin-username> -p <admin-password> "ALTER USER SYSTEM DEACTIVATE USER NOW;"